Title : SEATRADE CRUISE GLOBAL (SCG) 2018
Date : March 5-8, 2018
Venue : Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center
Fort Lauderdale Florida, USA
Item : Set-up, Supply and Provision of Display Booth
In line with the DOT’s Cruise Tourism Development Program, the Department’s Market Development Group (MDG) will participate in the Seatrade Cruise Global 2018 at the Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, on March 5-8, 2018.
SCG is the cruise industry’s premier global event which has been running for more than 30 years and offering 360 degree networking opportunity with cruise planners, cruise line executives, 1000 exhibitors and 11,000 attendees from 125 countries. It is the only event guaranteed to bring together every facet of the business including cruise lines, suppliers, travel agents and partners.
SCG also offers an annual conference featuring the industry’s most knowledgeable speakers and the plenary session for the State of the Industry led by the heads of the four largest cruise corporations. DOT will set-up a 20 x 30 feet booth space at the SCG Show that will be shared with the Philippine travel trade partners specializing on cruise travel. Several activities will be undertaken at the Philippine booth to attract more booth visitors.
Attached is a copy of the Project Brief for reference.
III. PURPOSES / OBJECTIVES
The Philippine DOT is in need of the services of a well-experienced company engaged in the business of exhibition and display design, and exhibition booth construction and dismantling. Preferably, the company shall have previous experienced with the Philippine DOT on similar projects in the US.
The set-up of the aforementioned Philippine booth is aimed at attaining the following objectives:
- To network with major cruise line companies and cruise planners on increasing routes to the Philippines;
- To maintain an aggressive presence and reinforce destination recall in the global cruise industry;
- To sustain collaboration with other Asian countries to promote multiple destinations for cruising in Asia;
- To be able to achieve the abovementioned objectives, bidders shall submit and prepare a proposed design and layout for the Philippine booth;
IV. SCOPE OF WORK / DELIVERABLES
Following are the services required by the Philippine Department of Tourism:
A. Booth design
The booth design shall be able to showcase the country’s offerings as a fun and unique cruise destination in Asia. It shall highlight the major destinations for cruising specifically, Manila, Boracay and Puerto Princesa through LED wall and visible graphic designs. The booth shall also feature the Philippine map showing the recommended ports of call in the Philippines.
B. Booth details
- Booth size is 30 x 20 ft.
- Must have ten (10) individual negotiation counters for each company/exhibitor with company
- Signage and a reception counter for PDOT.
- Must have a hanging, distinctive banner logo of the Philippines aside from the overhead Philippines banner.
- Must have a coffee/tea station and storage area.
- Must have a common meeting area with a table and sofa for group business meetings.
- Design should project a message “Cruising, More Fun I the Philippines” adhering to the mother brand campaign. “It’s More Fun in the Philippines.”
- Booth design shall be reflective of the cruise offerings of the Philippines including possible activities and attractions for shore excursion programs
- Other features
- Ten (10) negotiating tables with individual storage
- One (1) rounded hanging banner with Philippine logo
- Design and production of full-color graphics and destination images
- Four (4) ASEAN Cruise Flags
- Name and logo of each participating company
- Individual power outlet for each negotiating table and at the meeting area
- Lightings and back lighting for the backdrop
- Potted plants and hanging plants at the booth with flower arrangements for the tables
- Flooring material
- Cost package must include all labor, insurance and permits
- On-site supervision
- Caveat – All proceedings in relation to this project will be subject to the budget, accounting and audit rules of the Republic of the Philippines
C. Set-up, installation and dismantling of the Philippine booth must conform with the schedule, rules and regulations set by the SCG organizer.
D. Installation and dismantling of the hanging banner with Philippine logo must be included in the proposal.
E. Transport and delivery of exhibit materials and other services related to booth set-up, Installation and dismantling must be included in the contract.
V. TIME FRAME AND SCHEDULE OF WORK
Schedule: All interested parties to submit working design drawings and cost schedules within
six (6) days of their receipt of this document.
March 5-6, 2018 Booth setup/construction and turnover
March 5-8, 2018 Exhibition Proper
March 8-9, 2018 Egress/Booth dismantling
Total budget allocation for the Philippine Pavilion is Php3,500,000.00 or its US Dollar equivalent
VII. PAYMENT PROCEDURE
Full payment shall be made after the full completion of the Philippine booth in compliance with the Philippine Government accounting and auditing rules and regulations. (PDOT New York can also devise its own payment terms based on the existing or acceptable payment scheme in NY.
VIII. EVALUATION PROCEDURE
The winning bidder shall be selected not solely based on the amount of bid but the Philippine Department of Tourism Bids and Awards Committee (PDOT-BAC) or through DOT New York Office shall also consider the overall design of the booth based on this Terms of Reference (TOR).
The Lowest Calculated Bid (LCB) shall be post-qualified by the PDOT-BAC to determine whether the concerned bidder complies with and is responsive to all the requirements and conditions as specified in the bidding documents. If determined upon post qualification that the bidder with the LCB fails the other terms and conditions in these bidding documents including the design of the booth, the PDOT-BAC shall consider the bidder with the second LCB, and so on, to determine the Lowest Calculated and Responsive Bid (LCRB) for this bidding.
IX. CONTACT PERSONS
Ms. Jing Esmaña / Ms. Susan Del Mundo
Office of Product and Market Development/ Attache, PDOT – New York
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com