I. PROJECT TITLE : MARKET INTELLIGENCE REPORT & FORECAST PROJECT
The Philippine Department of Tourism Overseas offices in the USA require travel research/ studies aimed at providing relevant data on market developments with information on current trends which would help them in developing effective strategies and plans to adapt with the changing needs of the market in view of the Covid-19 pandemic and the advent of revenge travel. Hence, they are seeking the services of a qualified research company to conduct and prepare an in-depth profile of qualified prospective visitors to the Philippines from the United States, including an analysis of this visitor prospect compared to pre-pandemic visitor prospects and how the prospect profile has been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
II. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bidder must submit proposal as part of the technical bid;
- Bidder must have at least three (3) years of experience in the field of marketing research and/or consultancy;
- Bidder must have familiarity and previous research work undertaken on the American outbound travel markets as well as research for Asian countries as tourism destinations.
III. SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES:
The research should include, at a minimum, a visitor prospect profile for travelers from the United States of America to include profile data and insight into the following:
- Pre-Covid 19 study to serve as a pre-COVID benchmark study of qualified traveler intentions, priorities, and barriers
- 2022 Portrait of American Travelers Custom Audience Profile
- Impact of Covid-19 on travel decisions
- Travel intentions and motivations
- Vacation habits (type, frequency, duration, etc.)
- Impact of sustainability efforts on travel decisions
- Lodging and short-term rental trends
- Technology, mobility and social media insights
- Travel personas, attitudes, and vacation decision drivers
- Media and social media habits
- Lifestyles and social values
- Respondent demographics
The selected vendor shall collaborate with the PDOT-New York on the design and development of the survey instrument for the survey and shall provide a written report detailing key findings and relevant insights regarding how to appeal to these visitor prospects. The report must also include an analysis of how this visitor prospect profile has changed, if at all, compared to the Philippine visitor prospect prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. The vendor shall also provide a data file in either SPSS or Excel format that includes all survey results.
Subsequent to the completion of the quantitative research, the selected vendor shall design and host a presentation by its senior executives before an audience of the Tourism Promotions Board’s choosing. In this exclusive executive presentation, the key results of the research are revealed for discussion and debate.
The presentation will include industry outlook to help guide the Tourism Promotions Board in planning their decisions and priorities. Hence, the vendor will invite and engage travel industry executives in a panel discussion to follow the presentation of study results. This panel discussion shall address industry projections of future trends and implications for the Philippines.
VI. TIME FRAME AND SCHEDULE OF WORK:
Submission of bids and proposals shall be from April 27 to May 12, 2022. The winning bid will be announced on May 13, 2022.
VII. BUDGET AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE:
Total budget allocation for the project is USD 42,500.00 inclusive of taxes. Payment of 50% of the project cost will be made upon signing of the contract, 25% after the submission of Pre-Covid 19 study and the remaining 25% after the full completion of the project.
VIII. EVALUATION PROCEDURE
The winning bidder shall be determined based on the following: a) the proponent’s relevant experience, b) the suitability of the proposal to the needs of the Department of Tourism and Tourism Promotions Board, and c) financial package cost, provided that the amount of bid does not exceed the above total budget.
IX. CONTACT PERSONS
Francisco Hilario M. Lardizabal
Tourism Director/Attaché, PDOT-New York
Philippine Department of Tourism
556 5th Avenue #1M, New York, NY10036 USA
Telephone: (1) (212) 575 7915 Fax: (1) (212) 302 6759